Robyn is one of those rare pop idols who actually cares about music. She cares so much she actually left her label over an artistic dispute and then created her own (Konichiwa records). Can you picture Britney Spears doing that? Hell no! Which is why Robyn --who was once courted by the same folks responsible for turning Spears into a superstar maniac-- gets respect where others only get laughs.
Robyn’s music is mostly poppy. There’s no denying that. But it’s also creative and never tied to any particular sound. Robyn calls herself “the most killingest pop star on the planet. A pint-sized atom bomb dosed to the tits on electric and dispensing wisdom in three-minute modernist pop bulletins on the post-adolescent condition,” --pretty damn accurate.
Click here for tickets to Robyn w/legendary Norwegian electronic rockstars, Royskopp at The Hollywood Bowl. And check out one of our favorite Robyn Vids below.
Popular Los Angeles Content
• Los Angeles Festivals Guide
• The Best Pools In LA
• LA's Best Mixology & Craft Cocktail Bars
• The Best Happy Hours in LA
• Top 10 Rooftop Bars in LA
• 10 Hottest DJ Venues in LA
• 10 Epic Summer Parties in LA
• This Week in LA: Concerts, Festivals & Parties
• Hosted Bar Parties in LA: Get on the list