Declared by the Mayor as Craft Brew Month, this June will see a flurry of beer-related events in SD. With another new brewery officially debuting on the SD beer scene, beer drinker's throughout the city will have plenty to celebrate.
With a soft opening in early May, Societe Brewing Company has made it's mark in a 16,000 sq. ft space as the first brewery in the Kearney Mesa area. Founded by Travis Smith and Douglas Constantiner, Societe Brewing is already gaining acclaim in the world-class brewing scene. With a focus specifically on IPA’s, wine-barrel aged sours, and Belgian inspired brews, you'll have a wide selection of choices when it comes to sipping on fresh, cold beers in the 3,000 sq. ft tasting room.
Expect state of the art details like iPads that allow you to close out your tab with your iPhone or Android. Viewers anxious to get a deeper peek at the brewery's completion process can follow along with the Societe Brewing Blog for an exclusive behind the scenes look at what's been going on in the past few months.
Stop by the spot for a taste of three unique lines the Company features that include:
- A San Diego-style line consisting of IPA's and stouts, such as The Apprentice, an 8.4% India pale ale is fresh and hoppy with a bit more body than some thinner West Coast-style IPAs.
- A line of Old World Belgian ales, like The Harlot, a 6.4% Belgian ale with pronounced lemon zest and floral notes, or The Widow, a fresh take on the traditional Belgian Strong Dark Ale style but brewed with New World techniques
- A line of sour beers coming from their spacious barrel room
Societe will showoff what's been brewing with a Grand Opening celebration on June 30th. Featuring two rounds of tasting sessions held from 1pm-4pm & 5pm-8pm, visitors can sip on a free beer of choice with the $5 admittance ticket. Limited to just 150 tickets, grab your ticket early at brownpapertickets.com as admittance is limited to ticket holders only.
If you're hungry, be sure to catch the MIHO Gastroruck that will be hanging out at the Opening with an array of tasty options!
For more info or questions email events[at]societebrewing.com
Popular San Diego Content
• San Diego Festivals Guide
• SD's Best Pool Parties
• The Best Mixology Bars in San Diego
• The Best Happy Hours in SD
• San Diego's Swankiest Hotels
• Top Tequila Bars in San Diego
• Padres Game Day Party Spots
• Guide to Bar Hopping in the Gaslamp Quarter
• Hosted Bar Parties in SD