Mr. Lew's may be gone for good, but let's not get our martinis in a twist just yet. Revamping and expanding the beloved Tenderloin dive bar, the brilliant folks behind Bourbon & Branch have finally reopened with Tradition - a two story dive bar… and Tiki bar and Irish Pub and Speakeasy (along with four others to boot). Let us explain.
Boasting eight different drink menus, Tradition celebrates the many noteworthy eras and traditions of American drinking culture through nine themed, reservation-only booths (or "snugs", as they call them). Each uniquely decorated snug hosts its own expanded menu and offers experiences ranging from the Big Easy to the Grand Hotel. Folks without a reservation can make their way to main bar for a briefer menu or walk upstairs to explore 50 unique house-blended and aged spirits.
Define your own American bar experience with a blend of bathtub gin, Sazeracs, Long Island Ice Teas, Schlitz and a shot, or fruity Tiki drinks. The drink theme is up to you, just be sure to snag a reservation. This is gonna be one hot ticket.
Address: 441 Jones Street (btn O’Farrell and Ellis St.)
Hours: Monday - Saturday (5pm - 2am)
Popular San Francisco Content
• San Francisco Festivals Guide
• San Francisco Happy Hour Guide
• SF's Best Mixology & Craft Cocktail Bars
• SF's Booziest Liquor Stores
• Hip Hotel Guide to San Francisco
• 15 Epic Summer Parties in SF
• San Francisco's Sushi & Sake Sanctuaries
• SF's Best Rooftop Bars
• San Francisco Brewery Guide
• This Week in SF: Concerts, Festivals & Parties
• Hosted Bar Parties in SF
• Win a $1000 Bar Tab