For centuries, people around the globe have conjured up booze from nearly anything with a bit of pulp or juice. From herbs and grain to rice and fruit, every region has a specialty. Russia has vodka. The Irish have their whiskey. Mexico's got tequila.
But when it comes time to boost your palate with a few new flavors, check out MetroWize's guide to Alcohol from Around the World. From Mexico's smoky mescal to China's tongue assaulting Baijiu, there's plenty of hooch to be had when your local liquor store's shelves get dull.
Popular Nation Content
• 2013 Music Festivals
• The World's Biggest EDM Fests
• The Nation's Wildest Pool Parties
• Celebrations of Booze Around the World
• Music Festival Essentials
• The World's Most Unique Hotels
• 10 Best Drinks You've Never Ordered
• The World's Best Beach Parties
• The Most Unique Bars in the World
• Top 10 Nightclubs in the World